UK wide expertise that keeps your business in business
We know as well as you that time is money. And if you own or manage commercial properties, they need to be kept viable and accessible at all times – and completely free from the scourge of Japanese Knotweed.
As one of the country’s leading specialists in the eradication and excavation of all kinds of invasive weed species, our experts will be by your side when you need them most. Our PCA accreditation provides the absolute proof of the high standards we work to, backed up with Insurance Backed Guarantees that bring the long term peace of mind our clients expect and deserve.
In order to meet your company’s needs – wherever you are based – we operate from a UK wide network of regional offices – you can view them here. So regardless of where your premises are, you can consider us your local, friendly and extremely knowledgeable Japanese Knotweed specialist.
We work out of Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Chelmsford, London, Cardiff, Canterbury and Bridgwater – and it’s thanks to this that we’re able to fulfil our guarantee to conduct a full site survey less than 48 hours from your call.
What we offer our Commercial clients:
- Full site surveys – within 48 hours of you calling us
- Nationwide coverage – we’re local, and we’re national too!
- Tailored cost effective solutions – specially developed to address your particular invasive weed issue
- A 10-year warranty – with options for a separately underwritten Insurance Backed Guarantee – for additional peace of mind
- Fully detailed SMART management plans that help secure planning permission and finance – more of that below
- Lump sum pricing with no hidden extras – delivering proven value for money
Our experience in Japanese Knotweed management means that over the years we’ve developed a solid, dependable relationships with all major registered landfills right across the United Kingdom. It’s this trusted network that allows us to secure the most competitive rates for all our clients.
A very SMART management plan
We’re proud of our SMART management plan and the welcome benefits it brings to our commercial clients. It is done uniquely with your business in mind, setting out and delivering on time-specific goals, all tailored to the individual characteristics of your site:
- We will accurately identify all invasive weeds and map your site in full using GPS technology
- We will provide accurate measurements with full dimensions for the proposed scope of works
- We will set time specific goals that fit around the schedule and needs of your site and staff
- We will provide comprehensive completion reports once all works have been carried out
- We’ll be there to answer any questions – about anything – at any time.
Process driven to ensure 100% satisfaction
Utilising the latest technologies we can manage your infestation via:
Herbicidal Management Plans
These plans are designed to remove Japanese Knotweed growth over multiple growing seasons to ensure no regrowth occurs. Our management plans are designed to utilise the latest developments in the application of specific targeted herbicides to exhaust the plants ability to regenerate.
The management plan will take into consideration the health of the plant, neighbouring factors that could interfere with the programme along with any ecological issues to provide a bespoke programme that guarantees to deal with the problem. As part of the programme our operations team will conduct annual audits to ensure best practices are always being adhered to and will provide annual updates on our progress.
Our detailed understanding of Japanese Knotweed allows us to provide a cost-effective solution that is inclusive of our standard 10-year warranty with the option to include an Insurance Backed Guarantee.
Benefits of an herbicidal management programme
- Cost effective solution
- Prevents the infestation from spreading out by reducing the plants ability to develop laterally in the first instance
- Prevents the infestation from further causing damage to built structures
- Simple and structured approach
Dig & Dump
An instant solution in which all areas of contamination are excavated and transferred to a registered landfill site in line with current legislation. Inspectas Land Remediation have specialist in-house operatives to conduct the works and provide all plant machinery as well as install all required barrier membranes to ensure your site is declared Japanese Knotweed free in as little as 2-3 days.
Typically, we will excavate to a depth of 2-3m to ensure all rhizomes are excavated and will then chase the offending system laterally. We will then look to install any required root barrier membrane to prevent neighbouring infestations from re-infecting a site.
All excavated soils containing the propagules of Japanese Knotweed are classed as a controlled waste as per the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and will require a WAC test to be presented to the relevant registered landfill site. As part of our land remediation service Inspectas can conduct full WAC testing of soils to ensure acceptance by landfill and can turn around this service in as little as 5 days.
We have experience working on large scale development sites as well as challenging small-scale works where access can be a problem.
A full 10-year warranty or an Insurance Backed Guarantee is issued on completion of the noted works.
Benefits of Dig & Dump
- Removes all Japanese Knotweed and its associated rhizomes instantly
- No restrictions are placed on the area excavated
- Development work can commence immediately after excavation
Where space permits, we can translocate all contaminated Japanese Knotweed material to a specifically designed cell that will be lined with a geotextile membrane. As with dig & dump the Japanese Knotweed is excavated, but instead of taking to landfill a pit is dug onsite and lined with the membrane ready for the Japanese Knotweed to be buried. Once all contaminated material is placed in the cell it is sealed, ensuring all joints are heat welded closed, before a layer of topsoil is placed on top of the cell.
As per the Environment Agency’s RPS 178 guidance statement, Inspectas follow all noted conditions in the treatment and burial of invasive non-native plant material.
As with all Japanese Knotweed works we undertake a full 10-year warranty or Insurance Backed Guarantee is issued once the works have been completed.
Benefits of Cell Burial
- Low costs versus dig and dump
- Quickly removes Japanese Knotweed from an undesirable area
- The ability to immediately develop on the area of infestation
A low-cost solution whereby all contaminated material is excavated in line with our dig and dump process. A suitable area is identified onsite for the contaminated material to be stockpiled with a geo-textile membrane installed to prevent cross-site contamination occurring.
The stockpile is then fenced off and secured and is entered into an herbicidal management programme. Once the programme is completed the soil must remain onsite and it should be noted that in line with current legislation the height of the stockpile should not exceed 500mm.
Benefits of Stock Piling
- Cost effective
- Development works can commence on areas of previous infestation
- Japanese Knotweed is relocated to a less intrusive area of the site
Spoil to Soil
Utilising this technology we can separate contaminated Japanese Knotweed materials from the area of infestation leaving the processed soil to be re-distributed onsite. This environmentally friendly method of remediating the presence of Japanese Knotweed is achieved using specialists plant machinery that is able to separate rhizomes from the soils from which they have established themselves within.
The corresponding rhizomes and stems are transferred to a registered landfill site reducing tipping costs versus dig and dump and thus allowing the treated soil to be used for soft landscaping.
Benefits of Spoil to Soil
- Can be conducted all year round
- Less controlled waste is taken to landfill
- Cost benefit vs full dig and dump
- Treated soils can be recycled onsite to aid landscaping
Our 48 Hour Promise
From the moment we receive your enquiry we aim to complete the following – all within 48 hours:
- Conduct a free, no obligation full site survey of your property or land.
- Produce a comprehensive management plan for submission to your mortgage lender or planning officer.
- Issue a competitive fixed price lump sum quotation – with no hidden extras – for guaranteed eradication along with our price promise.
- Offer interest free payments over the programme to help with your budgeting.
- Issue an industry leading 10 year warranty that covers your property against any potential regrowth – with options to include an Insurance Backed Guarantee.