Construction Site Clearance
When a new development site is acquired, it often involves the need to clear various obstacles such as vegetation, invasive species, and other impediments before commencing the later stages of construction.
Here at Inspectas Land Remediation, we are best placed to provide site clearance and land preparation works that include tree clearance and vegetation stripping, removal of invasive weeds, bulk earthworks, muck away and general waste disposal for development projects across the UK.
What’s involved in clearing a site?
Clearing a site involves several steps and considerations, depending on the specific site and its characteristics. Inspectas can provide the following:
- Survey and Assessment: Before any work begins, we will conduct a full survey and assessment of the site to identify the existing features, vegetation, structures, and potential hazards that need to be cleared.
- Vegetation Clearance: This step involves the removal of trees, shrubs, and other vegetation on the site. In some cases, protected trees may require special permissions if protection orders are in place.
- Invasive Species Removal: If the site is infested with invasive plant species such as Japanese Knotweed, they need to be identified and removed. Inspectas are accredited by the PCA and are able to provide 10-year insurance backed guarantees for all invasive species removal.
- Waste Management: All debris, including vegetation, demolished materials and waste, must be properly managed and disposed of in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Hazardous Materials Assessment and Removal: If there is a risk of hazardous materials, such as asbestos or contaminated soil, Inspectas can assess and remove these materials safely to prevent harm to the environment allowing development activities to be completed.
- Permitting and Regulatory Compliance: Compliance with legislation is crucial. Site clearance activities must adhere to legal requirements and environmental guidelines – with Inspectas best placed to offer advice and guidance every step of the way.
- Documentation: Proper documentation of the site clearance process, including RAMS, photographs of the works and full verification reports, as well as documented waste transfer notes, are provided for all projects we work on.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and requirements for site clearance can vary based on the location, size of the site, environmental considerations, and the nature of the development project.
Therefore it’s essential to consult with experts such as ourselves to ensure that all aspects of site clearance are carried out in compliance with current legislation – and with minimal environmental impact.
Why choose Inspectas?
Inspectas Land Remediation is part of the Inspectas Group of Companies and are able to offer remediation solutions for land and site-based issues surrounding land development, invasive weed removal, asbestos surveying and consultancy services along with fire safety compliance.
With state-of-the-art plant machinery and excavation equipment at our disposal, our range of capabilities include:
- Soil removal to registered landfill facilities under our waste carriers’ licence
- Vegetation clearance and stripping
- Tree removal & stump grinding
- Concrete & tarmac lifting
- Asbestos & building debris removal
- Fly-tipped & general waste disposal
As site clearance specialists we work with construction, commercial, local authority and private customers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
We’re well known for our responsiveness and hold all the accreditations that you would expect.
Speak to an expert today!
Just want a quick work of advice or you have a spotted a suspected Japanese Knotweed infestation that needs sorting out?
Whatever the complexity of your invasive weed problem, you can rely on us to provide a cost effective solution and expert advice. Don’t leave it to chance!